To provide Christ-centered worship, through the arts,
enabling people to contemplate and reflect on, and rejoice in
the grace and mercy of Christ afforded to them in their daily lives.
Participate in the Worship & Arts Ministry
Is there a place for everyone to be musically involved at Yarrow Alliance Church? The Scriptures are full of instruction to sing praise to God, and Jesus Himself is recorded to have sung hymns with his disciples on many occasions. Therefore, Yarrow Alliance Church includes the singing of contemporary songs of worship at many of the gatherings of the church – from worship services and retreats, to small groups.
Artistic expression is such an integral part of being truly human that God commands us all to engage in it, whether professional or amateur, and to do it with joy (Psalm 67:4), originality (Psalm 96:1), and intellect (I Cor. 14:15). Therefore everyone can and should be musically involved. However, when it comes to leadership in any area, we look for those who have developed and are developing their gifts. This is true for our preaching, for those who teach our children, and it is also true of our artistic leadership. We do not detach emotion and technique. I Cor. 14:15 says, “I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind.” Therefore, we cannot claim to honor God with our art if our heart is sincere while refusing to learn theory, form and technique.
Please feel free to contact Amberly Martz if you would like to be involved in any of our worship/arts positions and roles.
- Sound – operate the sound system for various church events including Sunday Worship services
- Media & Lighting – run the lighting and media systems for church events
- Video production – video and video editing of various events and features
- Musicians – playing musical instruments at various church events
- Vocalists – singing with the worship teams
- Decorating – decorating for weekly services as well as special events or holidays.