“A growing community, serving our neighbors, reaching the world.”
Valuing all people.
We believe that every person, Christian and non-Christian alike, is valuable to God and to His Kingdom. Because people are eternally valuable to God, they are to us as well. Responsible evangelism will always be our cause and ongoing discipleship will always be the core of the ministry. (Matthew 18:14; Matthew 25:45; 2 Peter 3:9)
Working through team.
We believe that “doing church as a team” is God’s design for effective ministry. A Spirit-empowered serving with the willing hearted involvement of every person is vital to God’s plan being accomplished. (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12; Psalm 133:1; Ephesians 4:11-16; 1Peter 2:4-9)
Watching Jesus Christ transform lives.
We believe that a simple presentation of Jesus Christ in creative ways will impact and transform lives. Relating to our culture through redeeming the arts while remaining true to the Scriptures is a balance we will always keep. This allows us to present the Gospel in such a way that reaches the heart. (1Corinthians 9:22, 23; Acts 17:22-34)
Helping people grow spiritually through honest accountability.
In keeping with the great commandment, we believe every member should commit to a lifestyle of consistent spiritual growth with honest accountability. A genuine love for God is always the first priority. Every Christian should yearn for continual spiritual growth. Therefore, discipleship through small groups, accountability, and open honesty is critical to maturing in our faith. (Mark 12:29-31; Acts 2:44-47; 1 Peter 2:2; 1Timothy 4:7, 8; Proverbs 27:17)
Providing opportunities for God given gifts to be discovered and used.
We believe that every member is a minister who has been given gifts to be discovered, developed, and deployed. We are a gift-based, volunteer driven church. Each believer will find his greatest joy and fulfillment when serving in his spiritual gifts and passion. Every believer is created for ministry, gifted for ministry, authorized for ministry, and needed for ministry. (Mark 10:45; Ephesians 2:10; Romans 12; 1Corinthians 12:14-20)
Giving God our very best.
We believe that God is worthy of our very best. Therefore, a growing spirit of excellence should permeate every activity. Not perfection but excellence with consistent evaluation and a willingness to improve for the sake of the Kingdom of God are distinctive of growing ministries. (Psalm 78:72; Daniel 5:12; Colossians 3:17; Ecclesiastes 10:10)
Loving and caring for people.
We believe that genuine love and caring relationships are key to the life of every endeavour. Refusing to give audience to a spirit of complaining, we will instead be courageous in solving every problem in a way that honours God and builds biblical character. We value healthy relationships by protecting the unity of the Spirit in our church. (James 1:2, 3; 1 Peter 3:8, 9; 1Corinthians 13:8; Romans 16:17; Ephesians 4:3)
Evangelism through inviting others.
We believe that the most effective evangelism happens through people inviting people. We believe that a life will reach a life. Each believer develops genuine relationships with friends and family and extends an invitation to them. Evangelism gets to be a normal, natural lifestyle of winning others to Christ, one by one. (Proverbs 11:30; John 1:43-45; John 4:28-30)
Training leaders to impact their generation.
We believe in identifying and training leaders who are fully committed to Christ and who will reach their generation with the gospel. God is raising up men and women who will take the baton of godly character, authentic faith, and servant-hearted leadership into the next generation. (2 Timothy 2:2; 1 Timothy 3:1; Titus 1:5-9; Psalm 78:6, 7)
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Yarrow Alliance Church is part of the
Christian + Missionary Alliance of Canada
1. There is one God,1 who is infinitely perfect,2 existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.3
2. Jesus Christ is true God and true man.4 He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.5 He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures.6 He is now at the right hand of the Majesty on high as our great High Priest.7 He will come again to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.8
3. The Holy Spirit is a divine Person, sent to indwell,9 guide, teach and empower the believer, and to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment.10
4. The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of people. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.11
5. Humankind, originally created in the image and likeness of God,12 fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All people are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ.13 The destiny of the impenitent and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment, but that of the believer is everlasting joy and bliss.14
6. Salvation has been provided only through Jesus Christ. Those who repent and believe in Him are united with Christ through the Holy Spirit and are thereby regenerated (born again), justified, sanctified and granted the gift of eternal life as adopted children of God.15
7. It is the will of God that in union with Christ each believer should be sanctified thoroughly16 thereby being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to God, receiving power for holy living and sacrificial and effective service toward the completion of Christ’s commission.17This is accomplished through being filled with the Holy Spirit which is both a distinct event and progressive experience in the life of the believer.18
8. Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body. Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil as taught in the Scriptures are privileges for the Church in this present age.19
9. The universal Church, of which Christ is the Head, consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and commissioned by Christ to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the Gospel to all nations.20The local church, the visible expression of the universal Church, is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together to worship God, to observe the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, to pray, to be edified through the Word of God, to fellowship, and to testify in word and deed to the good news of salvation both locally and globally. The local church enters into relationships with other like-minded churches for accountability, encouragement and mission.21
10. There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life;22 for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.23
11. The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal and visible.24 As the believer’s blessed hope, this vital truth is an incentive for holy living and sacrificial service toward the completion of Christ’s commission.25
1 Isa. 44:6; 45:5-6
2 Matt. 5:48; Deut. 32:4
3 Matt. 3:16-17; 28:19
4 Phil. 2:6-11; Heb. 2:14-18; Col. 2:9
5 Matt. 1:18; Luke 1:35
6 1 Cor. 15:3-5; 1 John 2:2; Acts 13:39
7 Heb. 4:14-15; 9:24-28
8 Matt. 25:31-34; Acts 1:11
9 John 14:16-17
10 John 16:7-11; 1 Cor. 2:10-12
11 2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21
12 Gen. 1:27
13 Rom. 8:8; 1 John 2:2
14 Matt. 25:41-46; 2 Thess. 1:7-10
15 Titus 3:5-7; Acts 2:38; John 1:12; 1 Cor. 6:11
16 1 Thess. 5:23
17 Acts 1:8
18 Rom. 12:1-2; Gal. 5:16-25
19 Matt. 8:16-17; James 5:13-16
20 Eph. 3:6-12; 1:22-23
21 Acts 2:41-47; Heb. 10:25; Matt. 28:19-20; Acts 1:8, 11:19-30; 15
22 1 Cor. 15:20-23
23 2 Thes. 1:7-10
24 1 Thess. 4:13-17
25 1 Cor. 1:7; Titus 2:11-14; Matt. 24:14; 28:18-20