Yarrow Alliance Youth exists to provide a dynamic, high-energy, Gospel based community where activities and opportunities for growing, connecting, serving and leading will enable middle and high school students to discover the unique importance of a personal faith in Christ and the life giving power the Gospel has for them, their friends, families and schools. Join our Facebook group or contact Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our Core Values are:
1. Gospel Based – Foster spiritual growth through study and discussion of the Bible.
2. Fun Connection – Create such a supportive, fun-loving environment that sharing the Gospel with friends will be a natural outgrowth of every youth group activity.
3. Outward Focused – Build a community of Christian teens in the Yarrow area that powers a growing movement of Christian students working to bring spiritual renewal to their friends across the entire community.
7pm – 9pm
location + events changE from
week to week
Based on the
“CONNECT, GROW, SERVE, LEAD” model for our program.
Wednesday #1 and #3 of each month: Small group Bible study night with students and their youth leaders. They will meet in a predetermined place (church, someone’s home, etc.) in designated age groups and have an opportunity to get into God’s Word and grow in knowledge and truth.
Wednesday #2 and #4 of each month: All the students and leaders from Gr. 7-12 will meet together and connect with some planned activities and games (planned and led by students in our leadership program and by adults from the church) and have a short teaching component (devotional taught by the pastor or leader) at the end of the night.
Months with 5 Wednesdays: we will either participate in or create some sort of a service project/worship ministry for the students and leaders. There will also be other weekend activities throughout the year, including our annual youth retreat!
We want to build and equip students to lead. Pastoral staff and core leaders will mentor and disciple key students who display leadership qualities and have a desire to grow in this area and use their gifts in Student ministries. There would be a commitment to meet once a month for two hours for training and studying, and to begin to take on responsibilities for planning some of our Wednesday nights together with leaders and parents.
Student Ministry Pastor – Caroline Tempel
Grade 7/8 Girls – Anna Keller, Sydney Penner, Janessa Morelli
Grade 7/8 Boys – Levi Block, Joe Falk
Grade 9-12 Girls – Paige Mackintosh, Maren Kroeker
Grade 9/10 Boys – Jesse Block, Ryan Mackintosh, Colton Kroeker
Grade 11/12 Boys – Jeremy Loewen, Warren Braun
All in Nights – Ryan Tempel, Tamara Bartsch
Youth Worship Band Leaders – Jordan Ketting-Olivier, Pat McGregor
WHEN + WHERE
1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month 7pm – 9pm
Grade 7/8 Girls: Yarrow Alliance Church
Meeting at: Soul Cafe (downstairs)
Grade 7/8 Boys: Malcolm & Bobbie-Anne McFee
Meeting at: 42523 Walnut Ave., Yarrow BC, V2R 5C4 604-490-0027
Grade 9-12 Girls: Mike & Jamie Boughner
Meeting at: 44650 Keith Wilson Road, Chilliwack BC V2R 5L9 604-824-4082.
Grade 9/10 Boys: Peter & Evie Andres
Meeting at: 3375 Robinson Rd., Yarrow, BC V2R 5H1
Grade 11/12 Boys: Mike & Jen Keller
Meeting at: Contact leaders or church office for address
- Sunday April 29th – Youth led services 9am & 11am
- Wednesday May 2nd – Parent Meeting in the church sanctuary 7:15pm (for parents of grade 5 – 11 students) – we will be discussing the transition of our grade 5/6 students into youth and the new youth format for fall.
- Sunday May 6th, 13th and 27th – we will be videoing our grade 12 students for grad Sunday in June…this will happen between services…talk to Caroline to set up your time.
- Friday May 25th – Youth Activity Night starting at 6:30pm – more info coming soon.
- Wednesday May 30th – Final Youth Night before summer – Wrap Up Party – more info coming soon.
Please click on the button below to download the YAC Student Registration and Parent Authorization Form. Please print and sign the 2 page form and return to Pastor Caroline.